Alright, time to prove I still make clothes!! And I learn new things! And I can get so excited!!
When I first saw this kind of pants on Lakshmi's blog I instantly realized their awesomeness so...here we are!:))
Super good news: She wrote a tutorial about how to make these, so go on, make a fab pair for yourself! It's not complicated and her instructions are all you need, I swear! Err ... and the usual: fabric, a sewing machine, elastic for waist ...
I bought 3m of this lovely fabric...
...but ending up having enough for a scarf too which bring us to another good news:) : I'll write a simple tute for this simple scarf this week!
- I added a stitch on the sides of the waist piece, along the side seam, using matching thread on top and elastic thread for the bobbin.
- I inserted 1 inch wide elastic for the waist band.
- The leg opening doesn't have bias strip - I just overlocked, folded and stitched.
- To get the top of the leg piece match the width of the waist piece I had to partially juxtapose the 5 knife pleats
- If your hips are around 36 inches or less, 2 1/2 m will be enough for the pants (44 inches in width).
What's with the headpiece? Recognize this?
Reminder: Lakshmi's hosting a sew-along this September - a good chance to add different style skirts to your fall wardrobe!